The history of the journal dates back to 1948 when it was initially known as the "Proceedings: Biology and Agriculture" journal, reflecting its focus on biological and agricultural sciences. Over the years, the journal has evolved and expanded its scope to encompass a broader spectrum of biological research. In 1966, the journal underwent a name change, becoming the "Biological Journal of Armenia" to better reflect its dedication to publishing cutting-edge biological research from within Armenia and beyond.
Since its establishment, the Biological Journal of Armenia has been a vital platform for disseminating scientific knowledge and facilitating advancements in various biological disciplines. The journal continues to play a pivotal role in promoting collaboration, fostering scientific excellence, and contributing to the global scientific community.